Additional Services


Here you will find the full range of products and services offered by FCS Direct Ltd

London Registered Office – From £99 + VAT

When a company is formed a UK based Registered Office address must be provided. The Registered Office address will become the central point of contact for your company to which any Companies House or HMRC mail will be directed. It is important to ensure that you have access to this address so you can pick up and respond to any communications.

The Registered Office will appear on the Companies House register and can be queried online by anybody seeking information about your company. This is not always desirable particularly if this is your own personal residential address, for this reason we provide all clients forming companies with an option to use our London based Registered Office service address.

What’s Included

Our London Registered Office service includes the following features:

  • Free forwarding of statutory mail (from Companies House and HMRC) to another UK destination.
  • Optional forwarding of mail overseas – subject to additional mailing costs
  • Optional forwarding of trading mail – subject to additional mailing costs
  • Covers additional service addresses for company directors

Registered Office FAQs

What is the Registered Office Service?

FCS Direct LTD provides a London based registered office for Limited companies at 3rd Floor, 207 Regent street, London W1B 3HH

Using this service your company will be registered at our address and we will forward on all your company’s official government mail. The service is renewable annually and a reminder will be sent to you via email.

What is a Registered Office?

A registered office is the registered address of a limited company. It must be a physical location in the United Kingdom at which official documents can be served. The registered office address need not be the company’s place of business. The address is on the public register, available to everyone.

Why do I need a registered office address?

  • It is a legal requirement for all limited companies and LLPs.
  • To receive official company mail from Companies House and HMRC.
  • Registered office details must be displayed on all company stationery and websites.
  • To protect your residential address from being displayed on the public register of companies.
  • To prevent unsolicited mail and visitors arriving at your home address.
  • If you are from overseas, you may need a UK address for your registered office.

What information must I supply?

Due to the regulations of HMRC, FCS Direct Ltd has to conduct Anti Money Laundering checks on all customers utilising our registered office service. Identity documents (e.g. a copy of your passport and proof of address) will need to be provided before we can setup your account.

What is official government mail?

Official government mail includes mail from UK governing bodies such as Companies House, HMRC, Government Gateway and the Intellectual Property Office.

Company Stationery

We currently offer a small range of company stationery items.

• Plier style company seal, for embossing official company documents

• Hard back company register, a loose leaf, hard back register to record key secretarial information for limited companies.

• Brass registered office name plate, to be displayed outside the companies registered

Other products and services

• Company documents and templates, a range of useful documents from Employment

contracts to Confidentiality Agreements.

• Legalisation/Apostilation Service, if you need to use a company document overseas

then please refer to our legalisation service

• VAT Registration, register your company for VAT with our managed VAT Registration Service.

Apostilled Documents

Apostilled documents are normally required by non-UK residents who have opened a UK limited company

Apostilled documents

Apostilled documents are normally required by non-UK residents who have opened a UK limited company. Some countries require the company documents to be officially legalised before they can be used outside the UK. An Apostille Certificate is a way of officially authenticating the company documents for use in other countries.

The authentication is provided by an official Government Department the Foreign & Commonwealth (FCO), they check and verify the documents which ensure they are accurate and correct and are party to the 1961 Hague Convention.

An apostille document may be used when trying to open a bank account in a foreign country outside of the UK.

You can choose the following Apostille service on your documents:

  1. Certificate of Incorporation
  2. Memorandum & Articles of Association
  3. Share Certificates
  4. Other documents upon request (additional charge may be applied)

We can supply official Apostilled Service for only £95 + VAT per document including courier service.

[ninja_forms id=1]

Frequently Asked Questions for Apostilled documents

I don’t know what ‘Apostille’ means?

Apostille means in simple terms to certify and authenticate an official document. We provide a certificate that proves your company documents are genuine. The person who signs and authenticates an apostille document is called a notary and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office will attach the Apostille Certificate.

Why do you need a document that has been Apostilled?

People choose to have their documents Apostilled as it ensures that the official documents have been certified authentic.

<style=”text-align: center;”=””>UK Company Accounting

UK companies have monthly, quarterly and annual compliance requirements. The taxation and reporting is complex and the information following is only a brief guide.

All UK incorporated companies must file accounts with

a. The Registrar of Companies (Companies House) and

b. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC), together with a corporation tax return

This applies to dormant (non-trading), trading companies, tax resident or non-resident.

A company will fall under one of two categories for accounting purposes:

Trading or Dormant.


Dormant Accounts and a nil tax return can be filed, if the company was not trading during the accounting year. In general terms, ‘trading’ refers to issuing invoices and receiving income in the company’s name. For companies which are classed as dormant, you will be asked to provide a declaration of “Dormant Status” for the company. Our company in collaboration with experienced accountants will clarify all such details with you at the renewal stage of the company.

Trading Accounts and a Corporation Tax Return will need to be prepared and filed for any

company that has had any trading activity during the fiscal year. The accounts are prepared but do not need to be audited. Audited accounts are only required for larger companies. Your company may qualify for an audit exemption if it has at least 2 of the following:

• an annual turnover of no more than £6.5 million

  • assets worth no more than £3.26 million
  • 50 or fewer employees on average

Corporation Tax is payable on company profits at 20%. Profits are defined as income (turnover, sales) less allowable business expenses and is due 9 months after the company year end.




If the company turnover exceeds the VAT registration limit (£82,000 in 2016) in any rolling 12 month period it MUST register for VAT. It MAY register if its turnover is less. VAT reports and payments are required every quarter.

Small companies can elect for a flat rate of VAT where VAT is only applied and payable relating to the level of Sales. Larger companies must quantify the total VAT on sales and purchases and pay to HMRC the excess of vat on income over expenses. Not all sales or expenses carry VAT and the calculations can be complicated. Professional advice is recommended.



If the company has staff or the directors choose to pay themselves a salary then salary reporting will need to be undertaken monthly and the appropriate payroll taxes deducted and paid to HMRC (called PAYE). Calculations are complex and professional advice is recommended.

FCS DIRECT LTD will contact you at the end of each accounting year to remind you of your  responsibilities.

Our approved recommended accountants are Treetops Chartered Accountants Ltd, who are Chartered Accountants and Registered Auditors and can assist you through all of these complexities and will:

1. Help with planning out the requirements for your business

2. Assist with accounting VAT and salaries as you require

3. Remind you when the deadlines for the compliance work are due

4. Deal with filing all documentation with the Government departments.

If you would like assistance from our recommended accountants can contact us by sending us an e-mail at [email protected]